meet Marlien Wright
Hello, I’m Marlien, and I am delighted you are here. I am a well+being mentor, the author of two books, a kinesiologist in training, and trauma-informed yoga and Pilates teacher. In addition I host the Podcast; ‘Masterpiece & Mess’ where I have conversations steeped in vulnerability and growth to inspire and promote your journey to your best well+being. I specialise in meal-planning for Blood Sugar Balancing + Gut Health and helping my clients implement Somatic Movement and lifestyle interventions for more flexibility, strength and a body you love being in. I also teach simple Meditation + Breath techniques to cultivate a quieter mind with more clarity.
I work with 40 + women, helping them to reset to more joy, peace and clarity. I look forward to offering you resources here to empower you to reconnect + redefine your radiant health and well+being.
Reboot with me:
- Energy, focus and concentration.
- Sleep + waking up refreshed
- Sustainable and enjoyable well-being & movement rituals
- Transitioning to an easy to manage blood sugar balancing and gut-healthymeal plan
- More clarity, calmness, connection and contentment
masterpiece & mess podcast - latest episode
Our stories can often be painful, and less than perfect, and yet that is where the true power of storytelling lies; in the ‘folly & bewilderment’ to quote Herman Hesse. These episodes are conversations to help us step into our vulnerability instead of being guarded or defended, hopefully creating a space for more honesty, more compassion, and a mirror in which to view ourselves as the masterpieces in the making that we all are, despite our ‘messiness’.
"*" indicates required fields
subscribe here to receive your
3-day blood sugar balancing
"*" indicates required fields
within your reboot program we will address:
setting big goals, & identifying the small steps that lead you there
establish a clear why & how
building well+being rituals into each day
getting more clarity and calmness
shifting your thinking around your relationship with food & movement
finding well+being practices that give you more contentment & calmness
and very importantly (this is the key to transformation) the relationship you have with yourself
well+being reboot programs
group online programs
These programs are for you if you need a kick-start, and you are committed to cultivating your best health & well-being. A group process is powerful as it creates a supportive community for you and tons of accountability. We will work on:
- Blood sugar balancing (for optimal brain + hormone health and effortless weigh-management)
- We create a simple and sustainable meal plan that adheres to blood sugar balancing that works for you
- We implement a sustainable movement practice
- We create your own regulating practice to reduce stress and anxiety that works for you
- building a loving relationship with your well+being journey
- The simple magic of meditation & breathwork (no need to be a monk or Wim Hoff to do these)
- Improving your sleep & deep rest practices
- Practical ways to weave in more clarity, connection & contentment in your life
12 week program – with a weekly 75min Zoom sessions & unlimited email support .
reset & transform program
One on one program if you need a complete health & wellbeing overhaul and you are ready to step into your full potential. We will work on:
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Assessment
- Nutrition & Movement– creating a personalised blood sugar balancing menu plan & movement plan that works for you
- Adding restorative practices & optimal sleep
- Removing barriers, blind spots and limiting beliefs and identifying blocks that have held you back in the past
- Defining your purpose & contributions
- Identifying and implementing mindful practices, routines and rituals that will serve as your well-being scaffolding to ensure your ongoing success
- The relationship with yourself – which will have significantly positive cascading effect on your well-being and all your relationships
- Creating, crystalising and implement a personalised wellness-vision and masterplan for you
3-6 month programs – with a weekly 75min Zoom session and unlimited email support
I love my online one-on-one classes with Marlien. The combined yoga, Pilates and other modalities she incorporates make a huge difference to my physical and mental state. Marlien is a terrific, empathetic teacher, I cannot recommend her highly enough.
I started doing Marlien’s class to rehabilitate my back issues it soon became one of my favourite hours of the week. I not only got stronger, I also left her class feeling serene and balanced. It really is soul food for body, mind and soul!
Francesca de Chaud
Marlien offers the opportunity to reflect and make changes to the way you view your health and wellness. Through reflective coaching sessions she has helped me uncover what health and wellness means specifically to me. She is also very knowledgeable about her subject matter and able to offer sage and practical advice when tackling diet and physical changes you would like to make. I highly recommend that you take this journey with Marlien and reap the benefits of incorporating health and wellness thinking into your routine and daily life.
Marlien’s retreats are something everyone deserves to treat themselves to. I left feeling so nourished, relaxed and calm. My only regret was not adding an extra two nights stay after the retreat for some additional moments of relaxation to nourish myself. Thank you for such a healing weekend.
I love my coaching sessions with Marlien, she has a calming nature and has helped me make huge strides in changing the habits and thinking to transform my health and wellbeing. We have uncovered many limiting beliefs and barriers that have held me back in the past. I am particularly grateful how Marlien helped me tackle difficult aspects of my wellbeing journey with unconditional positive regard and kindness.
I have been to three of Marlien’s retreats.. each one of them amazing in its own way.
The meals prepared are not only incredibly nourishing and tasty –
food for both the body and the soul.
Marlien is the consummate hostess and has a very special way of making people feel at home. She is also a wealth of knowledge in her fields of expertise and departs this knowledge with both warmth and wisdom. The venues are always incredible, lending themselves to the wonderful escape into Mother Nature’s embrace.
I cannot wait to go back again!